A couple of years ago we designed and packaged up a savoury herb blend featuring our lavender.
It took us months to figure out the right ratio (which seems silly now looking at the recipe – I guess simple is often best).
The end result was a delicious and fool-proof way of introducing culinary lavender into your cooking. It was delightful and customers loved it. But making it ourselves was too time consuming, sooo we’re sharing the recipe!
But first, a couple of recommendations:
- Tip #1: You can use any kind of culinary lavender. Don’t have any? Purchase some from us here.
- Tip #2: If you don’t have a spice grinder, a small blender or coffee grinder works great too. Or be fancy and use a mortar and pestle.
- Tip #3: We think the TLC Savoury Herb Blend goes especially well on beef, chicken, turkey, pork, roasted potatoes and in bread recipes. Or add it to cream cheese or butter and serve as a spread!
TLC Savoury Herb Blend (with Lavender) Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min | Servings: Enough for 5-10 recipes
Author: Stephanie Craig + Steve Larmer
- 1 tbsp lavender buds
- 1 tbsp + ¼ tsp salt flakes
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 ½ tsp granulated garlic
In a spice grinder, grind ½ to ¾ of the lavender buds, the salt flakes, rosemary and thyme. Place in a bowl and add the whole buds, ground pepper and granulated garlic. Stir to combine and then place in a jar or container for future use.
We’d love to hear how you’ve used this recipe? Comment below to let us know.